Greece, member of European Union since 1981, offers residence permits to foreign nationals who own the real estate property in the country.
To qualify for Greek residency permit:
• The applicant must possess a valid passport;
• The applicant must be present in Greece with valid visa at the time of residence permit application;
• The applicant must purchase a real estate propery (or properties) in Greece for a minimum of EUR 250,000;
• The applicant must pass a security background check and a medical check;
• There are no strict net worth, source of funds, management experience, language, or education requirements.
Greece is one of only few European Union member countries that started offering in 2013 their residency permits through the purchase of real estate property and the Greek program has the lowest financial requirements among all of them. Greece requires purchase of real estate property for at least EUR 250,000 - while the other countries (Ireland, Portugal and Spain) require at least EUR 500,000 invested in their real estate to qualify for residency program.
Residence permit obtained through the purchase of real estate program is valid for 5 years and is renewable for subsequent 5 years periods as long as applicant maintains the ownership of the qualified real estate property in Greece. The law requires the residence permit application in this category to be processed within 2 months or less from the date application is received by proper authorities.
Benefits of the Greek residence permit:
• Each applicant, his/her spouse, and dependent children, have the right to reside in Greece, leave and enter the country as they wish;
• Greece offers a high quality of life, including modern medical facilities, shopping, natural beauty, sports, cultural events, a warm climate, and many private schools and universities with English as teaching language;
• Same access to education and health system as for Greek nationals;
• Visa free travel to all countries of the Schengen zone, for up to 90 days in each 6 months period.
Please contact us for more details.
Modern Greece traces its roots to the civilization of Ancient Greece, considered the cradle of Western civilization. As such, it is the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature and historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Greece is a founding member of the United Nations, has been a member of what is now the European Union since 1981, joined the Euro zone in 2001, and has been a member of NATO since 1952. Greece is a highly developed country with an advanced economy and with high standard of living, including the world's 21st-highest quality of life in 2010.
Very mild Mediterranean climate of Greece, it's world class tourism industry and well recognized UNESCO World Heritage sites are a huge magnet for tourists from all over the world for more than a century. In past several years Greece also became a destination for immigrants from other developed countries, immigrants who are looking for slower pace of life, lower cost of living and great climate while maintaining high living standards.